Saturday, October 15, 2011

Beautiful and Productive Day

The weather couldn't have been more gorgeous today. I started the day off right with a trip to the gym, to one of my new favorite classes. It is called Body Combat, it is an incredible workout (Cyril says "it's not as fun as sweating to the oldies" haha). Then came home and helped my wonderful husband finish some much needed yard work. Now all of the bushes are trimmed and most of the weeds are pulled for the winter. We will work on it some more tomorrow after church. Then I even went through my dresser and gathered all of the clothes that I haven't worn in years to give away. I figure when I get that small again I deserve to buy new clothes for myself anyway!

This afternoon I took a trip to Home Depot to add some color to the yard as well as to pick up some grass seed. I got a few Mums for the flower pots as well as some other flowers for my front flower beds that will have to wait until tomorrow to be planted because daylight is running out.

While I was at Home Depot I also found an awesome new trash can that is Great Dane proof! It is a Simplehuman trashcan that has a lock on the lid so our sneaky little Hercules can't have trash for snacks (all of our previous trash cans have had "locks" but none of them have been successful thus far, Hercules has learned how to nudge them just right so they open). And now Cyril will be able to hang my shelf back on the wall instead of using it as a weight on the top of the trash can.

We had a delicious dinner to end the day. Now the boys are relaxing in the back of the house while Cyril waits for the Iowa game to come on TV in a few minutes.

Here are a few pics of my new additions for the yard!



No comments:

Post a Comment