This past weekend I went to San Antonio Texas with Susan and Amanda to visit Meghan and watch her try on wedding dresses. We had a blast. On Friday morning Susan and I arrived and went back to Meghan's apartment and hung out a bit before going to the first dress store in San Antonio. All of the gowns she tried on were stunning, but we were able to narrow it down.
We then went for a great lunch at Friendly's.
Then later in the afternoon we went to another bridal shop. Then for dinner we went to a really neat place called Texas Pride.
It was wild! You could watch someone getting a tattoo while you ate! There was also a live band there. Not to mention the bar-b-que was amazing! David and I split the hungry Texan, it was quite the feast!
I also tried pecan cobbler for the first time, and it was quite delicious! After dinner Meghan and Susan went to pick up Amanda from the airport while David and I stayed behind and played a basketball game on the Xbox. I found out quickly I am not very good at this type of video game :-) After everyone was back we hung out a bit before a late bedtime (late for me anyway...haha).
We got up kind of early the next morning and got ready to head to Austin for some more dress shopping.
The first shop was incredible, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We found a couple more dresses to add to the running. Like I said before she looked amazing, there were even two that brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to find out which one she decides is her dream dress. We then had a fantastic lunch at a vegetarian restaurant called Mother's which was recommended by Carly, the woman that was helping Meghan try on dresses. Next was one more dress shop then we headed home.
For dinner we went to an authentic Mexican restaurant called Mi Tierra, it was delicious!
Then we were home to pack up and get ready for our early morning flight. Susan and I were greeted at the airport by my boys. Little Cyril and Tommy had grins from ear to ear which was fantastic to see. I missed them a lot, but had a fantastic weekend.
Omgoodness, it sounds like you had a fabulous, DELICIOUS time!! So glad! Can't wait to see you again, gorgeous! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
jewels