Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Week of Firsts

This week is bringing many changes to the Meredith household. Tommy started at his nursery school yesterday, I started a new group exercise program yesterday, and my husband Cyril starts his new job today! Tommy did well with the drop off, as soon as Mrs. Christine showed him the bucket of balls and all of the cars he was good to go. But after a long day of playing, not wanting to eat, and a short thirty minute nap, when we picked him up he scarfed down his peanut butter sandwich and was ready for some Mommy and Daddy time! This morning since Cyril left for work already, and I have to be at work by 6:30, my Mother In Law has graciously agreed to get up early, come over, and get Cyril on the bus and then take Tommy to school. So she will have the duty to drop him off today, and I hope it goes well for her!

Last night was the first night of my new group exercise program. Many of you may have heard of it before, P90x. It is a bunch of muscle confusion and exhaustion, along with a strict eating plan. The last time I was successfully able to lose weight, it was in a group setting. I find it to be incredibly motivating. So here we go to try it again! I have already been pretty determined, and was able to lose almost 7 pounds in December so we will see!

Cyril left a bit ago for his fifty mile trek to his new job. This week he will be working day time hours to get all of his training accomplished, then next week he will be on the night shift. We have been practicing with the boys at night, pretending Cyril has left for work, because this will be quite an adjustment for Tommy as he is used to Cyril putting him to bed. Cyril has always been in charge of the night time routine, since little Cyril was born (yes, I know I am a VERY lucky woman!). I know with time we will get in the swing of things, but right now all of this together seems a bit overwhelming! We will take it one day at a time, I know some days will be better than others, but I will embrace the good ones with open arms!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there girl. I have no doubt you and Cyril will manage with all the changes.
    Our big news Katherine Elizabeth (Kate) arrived Sat morning at 1:22. She weighed 8lbs 8oz and is 21 and 3/4 inches long. She has her daddy's coal black hair. Next time I see you at NFC I will be glad to show you a picture.
    Good luck with your new exercise program. I could stand to do more exercising and less talking. :-)

    ReplyDelete