Sunday, November 13, 2011

Empty House

Our guests are gone, little Cyril is at the Lady Vols game with my parents.  Cyril is in the bedroom with a sleeping Tommy and Hercules.  It seems too quiet around here, definitely not used to this. We had a great week with Uncle Tom and Aunt Teresa, so glad they were able to stay until yesterday. Cyril was able to take some time off too so that was nice, not to mention all of the nice meals we ate this week!  I can't remember the last time I cooked this much, especially since we have been watching what we are eating.  I have been trying to work on a little Christmas shopping and taking care of things for Cyril's Power Ranger birthday party that seems to be approaching fast. 

Tommy is now successfully getting his knees under himself and pushing up with his arms at the same time, I think we will have an early crawler on our hands. This morning before church he made a couple successful crawling movements...  He is also working on sitting up unassisted. He would rather be standing or sitting any day rather than laying down (unless he is on his changing table because for some reason he loves that). Not to mention he is gnawing on his hands to no avail. Looks like he is working on some teeth.

Little Cyril is enjoying school. This past week they were learning about transportation. So we had many conversations as to what our mode of transportation was or what it would be if we were flying, sailing etc...  This week he will get to take a field trip to a park that is near the school. They walk through the woods to get there so they have some "nature exploration" as well :)
My husband Cyril isn't up to much new. We are still getting used to him having braces. I keep forgetting and making corn on the cob with dinner as it is one of little Cyril's favorites. But we are having fun with it as well, we pick out the colors of his bands for each month. For November little Cyril picked out blue on the top and green on the bottom (of course it has to do with the ranking of the Power Rangers).

As for me, not much is new. I just got done baking some oatmeal cookies with cinnamon chips for a friend that had surgery. I have been going to the gym quite a bit and it feels great. Starting to get my strength back and shed some baby weight.

Guess that is all for now, Cyril just came out to ask what I would like for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment