Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Two months...really?

Today Tommy is two months old! So hard to believe how fast time flies when you are having fun! He is now smiling a lot and giggling some. He continues to get stronger holding his head up. You can also tell he can see farther, he likes to look at ceiling fans and the mobile on his swing. He also likes to hold on to my fingers and stand for exercise :-) Tommy is still sleeping well, for the most part he wakes up two or three times a night to nurse for five to ten minutes then is back to sleep. We are very blessed, he is an amazing little boy. Here are a few pictures from today!
Shark boy :-)  Thanks Heather!

Two month picture

Brotherly love

Little Cyril is doing great! He had picture day at school today and picked out his own clothes :-) I was asking my mom if I should pick them out for him and she said "Don't you remember what you did?" Then I was reminded of the time I switched clothes with my best friend Mekenzie on picture day because I didn't like what my mom had picked out for me to wear! I was about Cyril's age when I did that because it happened when I was in preschool! So I am glad I let him make the choice himself, he usually chooses what he wears everyday anyway so why should picture day be any different?! Cyril is still enjoying being a big brother and loves to help all the time. I sure hope they get along like this forever :-)

As for us...I am having surgery on my wrist tomorrow. I have a ganglion cyst that developed while I was pregnant, and it changes in size but is usually a little larger than a marble. So it causes pain when I bend my wrist back (like doing push-ups or anything where my hand is in the bent back position). I tried the old fashion trick of hitting it with a bible, but it only made it really sore (imagine that). I was informed by the hand surgeon that he doesn't recommend that treatment! So while I am off on maternity leave I am going to get it taken care of. Then on Friday we are off to go introduce our newest family member to his Great Grandparents (both Cyril's and my grandparents), as well as other extended family. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and hope for a relaxing week! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you! We will be able to make Saturday dinner on the 3rd. Love you!

    ReplyDelete